LATEST UPDATE 18th May 1816BST
Still working on the Yellowbrick tracker…in the meantime, here’s Charlie at 0844BST to say thank you to some generous donors:
It’s fantastic to be out here on the Pacific Ocean (even better when I’m making progress, not being pushed backwards) and it’s amazing to know that you kind people continue to donate towards my chosen charities. As I write this, I am in my cabin, protected from the cold and the rain. I’m in some low pressure, with high winds pushing me west… This is the frustrating part, but it’s just a minor set back in the big scheme of things. On the positive side, I received an email update from Shore Support with details of all those who have been kind enough to donate via justgiving.com/pacific2012, towards my fundraising target of £50k. Here are my thanks to you.
- A massive thank you to my friend from school days Jess Ryan (nee Withal) and all those at All Saints School, York for your huge donation.
- A very big thank you to my friend and former colleague, Jake McQueen (and Tracy, Stanley and Katie) for your very kind donation.
- Thank you also to Dr Peter Workman & Team at Affinity (thanks also for the goodies!)
- former Army buddy Dave Meenan
- Phil Colquhoun (am flying the REYC burgee)
- and also to Yvonne Stubbs and Ash Medical, who supplied all my necessary medical equipment for this challenge
- Thank you to Ian and Jo Huggett, Wendy Barnett, Mark Dankloff, Camilla Oakley, Renee Lamb, Phil Harris, Kathleen Homfray, Jay and Faye Goss, Christina Bassadone and Katie Marsden.
Your donations will make a difference and are gratefully received.
Best regards from Charlie & Blossom @ 0515hrs, 36o 33.774’ N, 151o 45.557’ E